Mission & Objective
The Mission of the Hindu Temple of Bloomington-Normal is to meet the religious, spiritual and cultural needs of the Hindu community, to preserve Hindu way of life and to promote ancient Hindu Vedic philosophy.
The Temple will be open to all followers of the Vedic religion. Recognizing the diversity of faith and spiritual practices that exist within the Hindu community, the temple intends to embrace all denominations of the Hindu Dharma and the teachings of all great saints of India.
- The Temple is a traditional place of worship adapted to the needs of the local community.
- The Temple provides an identity for local Hindu community.
- The Temple facilitates Hindu worship in various forms such as Satsung, Poojas, Bhajans, Prayers, and related religious activities for all Hindu denominations.
- The Temple promotes understanding and preservation of Hindu religion, values, culture, and languages.
- The Temple promotes study of Hindu scriptures such as Vedas, Upanishads, Gita and other activities of religious and spiritual learning.
- The Temple enhances pride in Hindu religion and philosophy.